All of our respondent recruitment is done entirely in-house, so you can rest assured that each participant has been checked and verified by our own team, and none of the work has been passed on to a third party, allowing us to deliver a cost-effective and simplified service. As part of our recruitment package, you will receive regular updates - mostly between every 1-2 days - which will detail the participants recruited thus far, their full screening criteria and demographic info and steps that the MRFGR team have taken since the last update.
Our internal recruitment procedures are the most rigorous within the whole of the market research industry, which is why we are able to personally guarantee that you'll only ever get respondents from us who are:
The team are trained to pay special, close attention to so-called 'professional respondents' who behave deceptively on market research screeners in order to be selected for a project. We utilise a multiple screening approach (more on that later) and an effective respondent management tool so that only true participants end up taking part in your research. To put it bluntly, when a respondent fits certain recruitment criteria, we don't just take their word for it - we check, verify and validate every single person before booking them in for research. Some recruitment agencies may find this to be an unnecessary step, but at MRFGR, we're committed to the authenticity needed to ensure your findings are as valid and useful as they possibly can be.
Engaged, chatty and polite
Our team will personally speak to all of the respondents before they are booked in for your market research session. During this chat, a number of things are assessed - including engagement, interest, conversational etiquette, comprehension, along with speaking and listening skills. The ping-pong ball of insightful conversation has never been more important than it is in market research, which is why we won't recruit respondents who 'just' answer your question, but ones that will engage with what you're asking and discuss where necessary.
Suitable according to the recruitment criteria
To ensure maximum transparency between participants and our clients, we operate on a three-stage screening process:
- Participants are screened via n online screening tool.
- They are re-screened over the telephone in a more informal setting. In a world where everyone is different, recruitment screeners can be an arbitrary method of defining who a person is, so the telephone screening aims to spot any differentiations in order that they can be reflected openly and honestly to the client.
- For hard-to-reach respondents or business users, these will be further checked where circumstances allow - usually through the provision of hard-proof (an email, company profile, etc). Such steps, if used, will be further clarified at the commencement of a project.
Punctual and going to attend
There could be nothing worse than hiring a venue, planning a market research discussion, having the moderator prepared, only to find that a number of respondents don't show up. Over the years, MRFGR have maintained a high turnout rate of 95%+ and developed a reliable method of making sure everyone attends.
- We will touch base with respondents a minimum of three times, including on the morning of their session
- For longer or longitudinal market research, we will set up regular reminders as agreed with the client
- We provide full directions and maps to respondents, ensuring that they can find the venue okay